Buddha’s Light International Association was established in 1992, comprising of lay Buddhists worldwide and is an NGO under the Economic and Social Council of the United Nations.
Since its establishment, more than 170 chapters and 1000 sub-chapters have been set up in some 60 countries throughout the 5 continents, totaling more than 1 million members worldwide.
BLIAWA is the Western Australia region chapter of this international organization comprising of members who share the same religious belief and are dedicated to service and giving. Its mission is to benefit all beings and relieve their suffering with the compassionate teachings of Buddha, bringing loving kindness to all people.
Under the guidance of the Venerable, BLIAWA operates in unison to benefit its members and serve the community by organizing cultural, educational, charitable and spiritual activities through its sub-chapters, the Young Adult Division and the Love and Care Group.
Over the years, the contribution by BLIAWA has been recognized by various community organizations, including government departments, city councils, schools and religious organizations. In particular, they have won praises from the Office of Multicultural Interests, City of Perth and the City of Bayswater for successfully promoting multiculturalism through the annual Buddha’s Birthday and Multicultural Festival celebrations.
Members come from many different cultural and linguistic backgrounds and together, their faith, commitment and strong support holds the key to the success of BLIAWA.
BLIA is founded on a belief in the teachings of the Buddha, on respect for the Triple Gem, and on the interest in spreading the Dharma for the benefit of all sentient beings.
We advocate a living Buddhism that seeks to create a Pure Land in this world. Our job is to preach the Dharma and to practice compassion for the good of this world.
We revere the practices taught to us by the Buddha and we fully develop ourselves by practicing the Three Learnings: morality, meditation, and wisdom.
We adopt a global outlook and engage in cultural and educational activities. We are always willing to open our hearts and do whatever we can to aid others.
Propagate Humanistic Buddhism
Build Buddha’s Light Pure Land
Promote world peace
Benefits of Joining BLIA
1. Socializing and creating friendships.
2. Studying, learning, and broadening horizons.
3. Expanding pursuits and propagating goodness.
4. Assisting at wedding and giving support at funerals.
5. Passing down Buddhism and benefiting the entire family.
6. Educating children and assisting them.
7. Meeting kind people wherever you travel.
8. Joining activities and purifying body and mind.
9. Creating good karma through acts of kindness.
10. Practicing Buddhism together and becoming stress free.
11. Learning the Dharma and gaining wisdom and good fortune.
12. Gathering together because of infinite affinities